For my final project, i decided to do a digital painting again. I had a hard time getting the hang of photoshop the first time we used it in class, so I wanted to challenge myself and try to learn the program a little better. The original photo is on the left. I was going to just do the painting all the same colors at first, but then as I started working I realized that I didn’t like how it looked. I wanted the picture to be a little more bright and springy so I ended up using different shades of blue that looked nice together. The biggest obstacle I had was making the black lines look the way I wanted them. It was hard to make all the lines look neat. I was also going to put leaves in the picture like they were in the original, but when I stared to do it, I had a hard time making them look realistic. I also tried to make it look like the butterfly had landed on grass, but I didn’t like that either, so I ended up just making polka dots in the background. I think everything contrasts well. I really like how my project turned out. I feel like I was able to do a better job on this painting then I was able to do on my other digital painting.