My original idea for the postcard was to have a white background and make the words colorful. I was also going to use the same pictures on the postcard as I did on the poster, but that didn’t end up happening (except for the playground picture).
The original postcard idea changed as I worked when I began to place the pictures. I tried a black background and the pictures looked really good on it. Then I used white words and those also contrasted well on top of the pictures and black background. And it was basically finished! I think that plain and simple was the way to go 🙂
I like the finished product a lot. It is simple yet the colors contrast well, and the slanted words fill more space. I am pleased with how the postcard looks.